Cure Low Back Pain
The area of the back that starts below the rib-cage is called the lumbar region or the lower back in simpler terms, almost every one of us has experienced an annoying stream of pain in this region at some point in our life.
Fortunately, in most cases, the lower back pain is not a serious issue and often gets better on its own. But when it doesn't, you should not ignore it as it may lead to some serious trouble such as spinal injury.
The lower back pain might range from a merely dull ache to a prickling or shooting sensation. Sometimes the pain may escalate to a higher degree that you find it uneasy to move or stand up straight.
The cases of lower back pain and spine-related disorders are on a steep rise in recent years, especially in the urban and suburban populations. According to recent studies, more than 58% of Indians have been experiencing acute to chronic back pain issues in 2020.
The impact of the COVID-19 pandemic has shown broad repercussions as the lockdowns pushed forced people to stay behind the walls and made them physically inactive thus making them more vulnerable to lower back pain.
Common types of Lower Back Pain - Acute & Chronic Back Pain
If the pain comes suddenly with a prickling sensation during tough physical work or when you lift heavy weights or stretch your back, it is an ‘acute’ one that generally fades away in a couple of days. But if the pain persists for a prolonged duration like more than 90 days, it is considered as ‘chronic’ back pain.
Sometimes the back pain is induced by vigorous exercise, prolonged stretching, or lifting heavy weights but sometimes the reason can be breakage or a shift in those tiny jelly-packed disks which are meant to guard the gaps between vertebrae.
This situation can be even worse if one of these disks puts stress on a specific nerve called sciatic. In the case of sciatica, the pain can affect the whole area from back to buttock to leg.
If you feel that pain is not healing itself for 72 hours, you should immediately see an orthopaedic physician to check out the symptoms and diagnose the actual problem.
Symptoms of Lower Back Pain
- Stiffness: You feel a mild prickling stiffness when you straighten your back after being in a seated position for a while, which makes you feel like you need stretching or walking to soothe.
- Posture problems: If you are noticing a “crooked” or bent posture, rather than aligned with the natural S-shaped curve of your spine, it might be due to acute lower back pain.
- Muscle spasms: You feel sudden strains, spasms, or contractions uncontrollably which can cause severe pain and make it tough to stand, walk or move.
Causes of Lower Back Pain
- Strains and sprains: Lifting too heavy weights or in an unsafe manner can inure muscles, ligaments, or tendons.
- Fractures: An occurrence of fracture in unexpected crashes, falls, or accidents.
- Disk problems: Jelly-filled disks which safeguard the gaps between the vertebrae can bulge, tear or shift from their position putting pressure on other nerves.
- Structural problems: Certain issues with the structure of the spinal cord can cause extreme pain in the sciatic nerve and stiffness.
- Arthritis: Osteoarthritis can cause inflammation or stiffness causing lower back pain.
- Other causes: Osteoporosis, the decline in vitamin D and calcium. tumors, inflammation around nerves, infections, kidney stones, sedentary lifestyle, poor diet, lack of physical exercise can make a lower area of the back vulnerable to pain.
Remedies and Lower Back Pain Treatment
Here are effective lower back pain remedy which is highly recommended.
Some anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs), muscle relaxants, or prescription drugs can be used to relieve back pain fast.
Some therapies or exercises can improve flexibility or strengthen muscles to heal acute lower back pain and support your spine.
Steroids & Surgeries
Some steroid and prescription drugs are recommended by the orthopaedic via injection to reduce inflammation and to relieve pain. Some minimally invasive techniques can heal lower back muscle strain via surgical methods.
Ayurvedic Treatments To Relieve Back Pain Fast
Colder climates, foods, ice creams, and drinks can cause Vata dosha. If you are already suffering from lower back pain you should try to stay warm, eat warm foods, and avoid the things that cause Vata dosha.
Steam and massage therapy
A typical full-body massage with an effective Ayurvedic pain relief oil can relieve strain and soothe the muscles in the body. Coupled with steam massage therapy can help the skin absorb the herbal ingredients of these Ayurvedic pain relief remedy to nourish and strengthen the muscles, inner tissues, and bones.
Some certain herbal remedies like castor oil, dashamula, and ashwagandha can help in backache treatment as these are known to nourish, rejuvenate and flex the muscles to relieve lower back pain fast.
Certain yoga poses like Padahastasana can help in adding flexibility to muscles and bones while removing the Vata dosha.
- joint pain
- lower back pain in females
- lower back pain relief
- lower left back pain
- lower right back pain